Translate this page...

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The EARLY BIRD catches the worm…


One time my boss mentioned of a place around The Fort Strip that serves really good breakfast. She commended its really good service and well composed array of food selection. Knowing my boss, she is has one sophisticated tongue for really good gourmet creations… So I became curios.

It was one morning when she just told me to go to her for lunch with a colleague of mine. 



They were already in this place called EARLY BIRD Breakfast Club. She mentioned it is in the Strip. So I went and checked it out myself.

When I arrived I said to myself… “Eto yung sinasabi nya na cool breakfast place…”

Butterbeer
It all started when my best friend posted in his FB account his encounter and experience with the famous Harry Potter Drink… BUTTERBEER. Only this is the Starbucks version. I researched about how it was made and it was just a crème frap with caramel and toffee flavorings… Not much of a toffee person. That same night my boss ask me to go with her to the said coffee shop and at that time I asked about the famous drink… She said that the one in Early Bird is better. This is the first time I heard about the place.



I came across this drink in Early Bird and yes… IT IS A BUTTER FIZZ to be experienced. It is creamy yet light. Subtle with a little kick… You have to try this. 

Going back… I arrived and saw that they've ordered already and almost consumed their food. But one captured my attention… the Dessert.

Nutella Banana French Toasties
This is no ordinary dessert. It’s like a stack of mini pancakes with banana and Nutella. But when you looked at it, this is not pancakes… it is French Toasts. This is just intriguing. So without further adieu, I tasted the thing… LORD!!! It was DIVINE!!! 

The simplicity of the toast, plus the sweetness of the banana and the richness of the Nutella is one concoction that just made you sit back and say… HAY!!! This is life at 7-o’clock in the morning. It was to DIE FOR!!!

Another thing I noticed was the intricate designs of their food and the way it is served. I was really impressed. Served in a jar, the CHAMPORADO looks awesome. Rice was also served in this big cocktail glass for their Tapa and Longganisa Dish… So many reasons why I need to return and taste more. But one simple dish stood out that I ordered…

It was plain and no pretenses. Their version of CHICKEN " Sunny" SALPICAO is just outstanding… The chunks of chicken, matched with fresh mushrooms are one combination they made to perfection. It was tender; the saltiness was perfect, the simple sauce made it come together, the rice, the egg… IT WAS A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN. Good job at this concept…

Sunny Salpicao

This dish I matched with their FOJ… also known as Fresh Orange Juice. Eto simple lang ang itsura pero wag ka… it is real and fresh. Not sour… Not bitter… It was FRESH. The pulp is there and the taste of REAL ORANGE will definitely refresh your morning. 

To add up is their EGGS BENEDICT… Have not seen one for the longest time but their version caught my attention as well. The first thing you will notice are the hair-like strands of potatoes… it was fried and crisp to perfection. When you slice into it, the eggs were just cooked right and the knife would cut through it without any hesitations. Though the sauce is a bit sour for me… the over-all flavor was wonderful.

Eggs Benedict

So many things to try… yet my hearty appetite – now trimmed due to my blood sugar level- cannot hold that much. Will definitely go back and try more of their wonderful and originally conceptualized breakfast dishes. 

Try it yourself… Visit them:


Unit C, Ground Floor, Fort Pointe 2 Bldg.,
The Fort Complex, 28th Street,
Bonifacio Global City, 1634 Taguig

(02) 808-9269


ENJOY YOUR MORNINGS…





No comments:

Post a Comment